Bad breath is quite a common and very embarrassing problem. It is caused by a poor dental care and oral hygiene, irregular brushing and flossing your teeth that results in excessive amounts of bacteria on the teeth and tongue. The primary source of bad breath that can be treated directly is the growth of sulfur producing, anaerobic bacteria in the mouth. This is one area which can be tackled directly using herbal remedies for bad breath.
1. Clove (Eugenia aromaticum) It is good for bad breath caused by rotting food in mouth, used in old time mouth wash and powders, herb can be drying.
2. Anise seeds have been used for centuries as an effective herbal remedy for many health problems and ailments. It is a truly legendary herb, but not many people know that a special mouth rinse made of anise can replace the most effective modern mouth washes based on chemicals. All you need to do is steep a pinch of anise seeds in 100 ml of boiling water and wash your mouth after having meals.
3. Peppermint is a simple herbal remedy for bad breath symptom relief – there is a reason why it can be found in so many oral products, including toothpastes and chewing gum. For bad breath, you would want to use the essential oil. The essential oil of peppermint is antibacterial, and it smells good. It will also help to balance the PH levels of the mouth to some degree, which will extend its anti-bad breath effect to a certain degree.
4. A South American remedy that is used is gargling with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder. Combine the mixture with hot water. This should be done in the morning. It supposed to keep your breath fresh all day.
5. Unripe guava is useful in halitosis. It is rich in tannic, malic, oxalic, and phosphoric acids as well as calcium, oxalate, and manganese. Chewing it is an excellent tonic for the teeth and gums. It helps cure bleeding from gums and stops bad breath. Chewing tender leaves of guava tree also stops bleeding from gums and bad breath.
6. Foods and herbs that contain chlorophyll include parsley, spirulina, chlorella, alfalfa, or natural chlorophyll tablets. Chlorophyll tablets to be used as a bad breath herbal remedy should contain liquid form chlorophyll. Chlorophyll alleviates bad breath to some degree by neutralizing various sulfur compounds. Earlier in the article, sulfur-producing bacteria were mentioned. These sulfur compounds are one of the substances that will make someone turn his or her head. Garlic and onions are also sulfur-containing foods, so chlorophyll can help to neutralize their odor.
7. Wash the tongue with baking soda dissolved in warm water to reduce the acidity in your mouth making a less-friendly environment for the bacteria to grow. This is one of the best bad breath cure.
8. These herbal remedies are rich in chlorophyll, a green pigment. It is a very powerful natural freshener with very strong deodorizing effects. Also, it is possible to use Dill (Anethum graveolens). To get rid of bad breath instantly, it is possible to chew on some dill seeds or drink a cup of special dill tea (should be prepared like usual black tea).
For some people, using herbs can work better for their system because they are not abrasive to their system. Not only are they a natural product, but since these herbs are taken orally, they will affect your blood and eventually provide a relief for your bad breath.
Author is an online medical researcher on bad breath cure. Click read more on bad breath cure, herbal remedies for bad breath.